- NEWS & ACHIEVEMENTS -

2011
Delicious Magazine Recipe Feature Recipes published in Princes Trust Charity 'Trusty' Cookbook Guest panellist on UKTV Food's 'Market Kitchen' Recipes published in 'Come Dine With Me Special Occasions' book Blog named as a "Media Must-Have" in Jan & Feb issue of Olive Magazine

2010
Launch of Sabrina's one-to-one private cookery tuition Guest critic on Gordon Ramsay's 'F-Word' series finale Organised Top Chef Charity Banquet for Haiti raising £70,000 for 'Action Against Hunger' Seasonal Food & Recipe Writer for 'Blue Tomato'

2009
Winner of Channel 4's 'Come Dine With Me' (West London) 'Bronze' winner in professionally judged 'AA Home Cooking Competition 2009' Appointed resident cookery columnist for Foodepedia

Japanese Rice Risotto with Miso, Lemongrass and Scallops

Japanese Rice Risotto with Miso, Lemongrass and Scallops

Seasonal Penne Mediterraneo

Seasonal Penne Mediterraneo

Persian Split Pea, Dried Lime and Lamb Stew

Persian Split Pea, Dried Lime and Lamb Stew

Tuesday, 18 January 2011

The Cheats Way to Pad Thai Perfection!

Every now and again I stumble across a product that surprises the B'Jesus out of me at how good it is and it looks like I have found another corker! Good old M&S's Pad Thai paste has officially exceeded my expectations and just might be my new favourite ingredients!

I love Thai food and especially Pad Thai; rice noodles beat egg noodles hands down in my book. I can even get a little snooty about Pad Thai at certain restaurants where the noodles are either too bland and pale or the flavour is more like chow mein. So the thought of even attempting to make Pad Thai at home myself, has always scared me senseless for fear of utter failure. But recently on a hurried shopping trip to M&S, I was cruising the Oriental sauces section and spied a jar of Pad Thai paste which was on special offer (99p)and I popped a jar into basket and it was fantastic. The whole meal from start to finish took me less than 10 minutes! Not bad for a Monday night supper, eh?

Incredibly helpfully the jar has a shopping list on the label along with cooking instructions, so it is foolproof! All you need are:

- Flat rice noodles
- 2 eggs
- Spring onions
- Beansprouts
- Raw prawns
- Peanuts (to garnish)
- Coriander
- Lime wedge (optional)

If you love Pad Thai, you won't be disappointed and you'll never look back. I am usually utterly disappointed with supermarket cheat-products, but in my opinion... Marks and Spencers Pad Thai paste deserve 10 out of 10!

3 comments:

  1. Tamara! I think i accidentally deleted your comment! But glad to be of service... when we find good things, we need to share them with the world, that's for sure. I just bought another 4 jars, because they double in price!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous recipes, great blog Sabrina. Congratulations on your accolade from the Olive magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary, thank you so much my dear! That is very kind of you. It was a shock and had my friend not spotted it, I would never have known! Delighted you enjoy the blog and recipes! Happy eating! xxx

    ReplyDelete