- NEWS & ACHIEVEMENTS -

2011
Delicious Magazine Recipe Feature Recipes published in Princes Trust Charity 'Trusty' Cookbook Guest panellist on UKTV Food's 'Market Kitchen' Recipes published in 'Come Dine With Me Special Occasions' book Blog named as a "Media Must-Have" in Jan & Feb issue of Olive Magazine

2010
Launch of Sabrina's one-to-one private cookery tuition Guest critic on Gordon Ramsay's 'F-Word' series finale Organised Top Chef Charity Banquet for Haiti raising £70,000 for 'Action Against Hunger' Seasonal Food & Recipe Writer for 'Blue Tomato'

2009
Winner of Channel 4's 'Come Dine With Me' (West London) 'Bronze' winner in professionally judged 'AA Home Cooking Competition 2009' Appointed resident cookery columnist for Foodepedia

Japanese Rice Risotto with Miso, Lemongrass and Scallops

Japanese Rice Risotto with Miso, Lemongrass and Scallops

Seasonal Penne Mediterraneo

Seasonal Penne Mediterraneo

Persian Split Pea, Dried Lime and Lamb Stew

Persian Split Pea, Dried Lime and Lamb Stew

Friday, 8 January 2010

WATCH MY APPEARANCE ON GORDON RAMSAY'S 'F-WORD' TV SHOW FINALE!

Did you watch me on The F-Word finals? No??? Well luckily you can do that right here! Just click this link now to watch it online: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/gordon-ramsays-f-word/4od#3019051

I'm only in it for a milli-second, but I also got a name check, which made me smile from ear-to-ear!!! "How did I get on the show?" (I hear you ask) They read my blog and got in contact with me! SEE??? You aren't the only ones reading my blog! Hallelujah! I do wonder, at times!

Gordon crowned "Lasan" restaurant in Birmingham as the worthy winner of "Britain's Best Local Restaurant" award. Lasan served up a delicious starter of Tandoori chicken with a mint and coriander chutney and a delicious main course of Masala beef and pumpkin curry... followed by a carrot halva pastry dessert. All delicious. Commiserations to The Pheasant who made a valiant effort, but alas were not triumphant. Ahhhhh, you win some, you lose some!

6 comments:

  1. I saw it! :) I recognised you straight away too- the name check was just confirmation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your message on UK Food Bloggers Association - I too have a very positive feeling about 2010.

    Congratulations on 2009 achievements. I wanted to watch you on Gordon Ramsay's show but didn't want to see whole show.

    Maybe we need a clip of just your bit? On You Tube?

    Here's to 2010! Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thanks Sanjana!!! ;-)

    Elisabeth... You can catch me at 13 mins and 56 seconds i believe! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, yes I spotted you. I pointed you out to my husband who could not quite understand what I meant when I said "I kind of know her". It's funny how you feel like that when you have been reading blogs. I have a confession to make though, I was secretly supporting Lasan to win, the Pheasant is literary one of my best local restaurants and I have been going there for over 15 years, it has always been good even through changes of ownership. I was concerned that fame might change it, selfish I know but just don't tell them otherwise they might not let me back in - that's if there is a seat left unbooked in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so funny! I like what the Pheasant stands for, but his menu choices let him down on the day. So many people didn't like his starter and main, which is a shame...!!! Thanks for your comment sweets!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete