- NEWS & ACHIEVEMENTS -

2011
Delicious Magazine Recipe Feature Recipes published in Princes Trust Charity 'Trusty' Cookbook Guest panellist on UKTV Food's 'Market Kitchen' Recipes published in 'Come Dine With Me Special Occasions' book Blog named as a "Media Must-Have" in Jan & Feb issue of Olive Magazine

2010
Launch of Sabrina's one-to-one private cookery tuition Guest critic on Gordon Ramsay's 'F-Word' series finale Organised Top Chef Charity Banquet for Haiti raising £70,000 for 'Action Against Hunger' Seasonal Food & Recipe Writer for 'Blue Tomato'

2009
Winner of Channel 4's 'Come Dine With Me' (West London) 'Bronze' winner in professionally judged 'AA Home Cooking Competition 2009' Appointed resident cookery columnist for Foodepedia

Japanese Rice Risotto with Miso, Lemongrass and Scallops

Japanese Rice Risotto with Miso, Lemongrass and Scallops

Seasonal Penne Mediterraneo

Seasonal Penne Mediterraneo

Persian Split Pea, Dried Lime and Lamb Stew

Persian Split Pea, Dried Lime and Lamb Stew

Tuesday, 17 November 2009

The "Matthew Walker" Christmas Pudding Challenge

A girl like me is always up for a challenge. My competitive streak is one of legendary proportions and nothing gets my juices flowing like a competition, where I can be creative and something I can inject a little flair and personality into… and this is one such competition.

The lovely people at Matthew Walker Christmas Puddings set a challenge to food bloggers to come up with a creative and unique recipe, using their famous Christmas puddings and that’s just what I did!

Ever the carnivore, I felt I had to do something that would work well with the sweet fruity pudding and what better meat to use than pork… that is commonly paired with fruits such as apples, prunes and apricots creating the perfect marriage, and so pork had to be the one for me.
To make my rolled fillet of pork stuffed with Chritsmas pudding, Sage and Parma Ham... I cut my pork fillet lengthways through the middle and flattened it out to make one even ‘sheet’ of pork. Using 8 thin slices of Parma ham, I lined the meat, then formed a long sausage shaped length of Christmas pudding and placed it in the centre of the Parma Ham. Carefully, I wrapped the Parma ham tightly around the Christmas pudding, then topped with sage leaves. Then I wrapped the pork meat around the Parma ham and Christmas pudding stuffing and tied it tightly using string.

I sealed the meat in a hot pan with some vegetable oil and a knob of butter, ensuring all sides are browned lightly and then straight into a preheated oven on 200 degrees for about 20 minutes. Ensure you allow the meat to rest for 5 minutes (covered in foil) and then remove string and slice into thick medallions. I would recommend serving this with roast potatoes or even creamy mashed potato. Delicious and WELL WORTH trying!

1 comment:

  1. This looks fantastic and would be a great surprise for the guests when they cut into it and see what's inside! :-)

    ReplyDelete