- NEWS & ACHIEVEMENTS -

2011
Delicious Magazine Recipe Feature Recipes published in Princes Trust Charity 'Trusty' Cookbook Guest panellist on UKTV Food's 'Market Kitchen' Recipes published in 'Come Dine With Me Special Occasions' book Blog named as a "Media Must-Have" in Jan & Feb issue of Olive Magazine

2010
Launch of Sabrina's one-to-one private cookery tuition Guest critic on Gordon Ramsay's 'F-Word' series finale Organised Top Chef Charity Banquet for Haiti raising £70,000 for 'Action Against Hunger' Seasonal Food & Recipe Writer for 'Blue Tomato'

2009
Winner of Channel 4's 'Come Dine With Me' (West London) 'Bronze' winner in professionally judged 'AA Home Cooking Competition 2009' Appointed resident cookery columnist for Foodepedia

Japanese Rice Risotto with Miso, Lemongrass and Scallops

Japanese Rice Risotto with Miso, Lemongrass and Scallops

Seasonal Penne Mediterraneo

Seasonal Penne Mediterraneo

Persian Split Pea, Dried Lime and Lamb Stew

Persian Split Pea, Dried Lime and Lamb Stew

Wednesday, 15 July 2009

CINNAMON SEDUCTION

My favourite thing about being in shopping malls in America, was always the intoxicatingly seductive scent of Cinnamon goodness that hypnotises you from the minute you walk through the doors. You cannot help but be drawn to it, hunt it down, seek it out... like a rabid dog chasing its prey... you have to have it. As soon as i see the sign, my heart rate increases and what started as walking, quickly becomes running. And there it is, 'Cinnabon'... with its cinnamon-laden bounty, teasing you from a distance. A closer look reveals assorted buns (similar in appearance to the British Chelsea bun) available in both large buns and mini buns (or mini-bons to be precise) glistening with sticky sweet goodness in plain cinnamon, chocolate-cinammon or maple pecan flavour. Other goodies available include home-bake bun packs, as well as cinnamon twists and lashings of cream cheese frosting in little tubs.

The good news is that they are absolutely heavenly. The bad news is that the large buns are over 1,500 calories each and they are completely addictive. More bad news is that they are now here in London! The first branch popped up in Oxford Circus, followed by the Trocadero centre in Piccadilly and - to my sheer delight - another branch has appeared in Queensway which is much closer to me (and thus, incredibly dangerous). I generally think when anything contains almost the same amount of calories as a women's recommended daily intake, its probably not a good idea to go near it. But ignore this advice for one day and starve yourself if you have to, because they are fabulous little buns of pure cinnamon joy! Get yours today! For more information, visit: http://www.cinnaworld.co.uk/

Then - no doubt - curse me repeatedly for introducing you to these devillishly delicious cinammon treats. I know you will.

5 comments:

  1. I assume the regular size ones are 1,500 calories? How many calories in the mini-buns? My kids just love the Cinabun shop on Queensway. And they can gobble those mini ones by the dozen. Well, they never make it that far as we never buy more than 10 at a time. With one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he he so funny what about Krispy Creme it started right here in winston salem !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, I have the same recollection of that sweet smell of cinnamon wafting through the shopping malls I visited frequently growing up in the US. I got very excited when a few years ago I came across a similar-looking cinnamon bun stand in a shopping mall in Hertfordshire - it looked and smelled like a Cinnabon, and I sure hoped it would taste like one. But sadly no. Instead of the soft, sweet gooey delight I had remembered, it was rather dry and bland tasting, so I got put off trying poor UK-based imitations. It's strange, I thought I saw a 'real' Cinnabon on Oxford Street the other day, but because of my general principle of not even acknowledging imposters, I dismissed it as a mirage. Thanks for making me aware of this new development (I think...). I might just fast for a day so I can have one of these bad boys ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way I changed my site address to https://chowandchatter.blogspot.com
    To match the name ! Love Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Cinnamon that we buy in the US is actually Cassia and not Cinnamon. Real Cinnamon is much sweeter and has a very low level of coumarin.

    ReplyDelete