- NEWS & ACHIEVEMENTS -

2011
Delicious Magazine Recipe Feature Recipes published in Princes Trust Charity 'Trusty' Cookbook Guest panellist on UKTV Food's 'Market Kitchen' Recipes published in 'Come Dine With Me Special Occasions' book Blog named as a "Media Must-Have" in Jan & Feb issue of Olive Magazine

2010
Launch of Sabrina's one-to-one private cookery tuition Guest critic on Gordon Ramsay's 'F-Word' series finale Organised Top Chef Charity Banquet for Haiti raising £70,000 for 'Action Against Hunger' Seasonal Food & Recipe Writer for 'Blue Tomato'

2009
Winner of Channel 4's 'Come Dine With Me' (West London) 'Bronze' winner in professionally judged 'AA Home Cooking Competition 2009' Appointed resident cookery columnist for Foodepedia

Japanese Rice Risotto with Miso, Lemongrass and Scallops

Japanese Rice Risotto with Miso, Lemongrass and Scallops

Seasonal Penne Mediterraneo

Seasonal Penne Mediterraneo

Persian Split Pea, Dried Lime and Lamb Stew

Persian Split Pea, Dried Lime and Lamb Stew

Sunday, 31 May 2009

Weekend (over) Indulgence




I haven't been a very good girl this weekend, diet-wise. I have had a weird week with the TV show being on every day and all that food has gone to my head. I have ditched my diet for a few days and set out to curb every single craving i have had of late. My first stop this week was at 'Wahaca' one of my favourite Mexican restaurants in town, offering authentic 'market style' tacos and an assortment of small dishes to suit every taste. This is one of the places in London where i absolutely cannot leave without having dessert (no matter how stuffed i am). Churros are my absolute favourite things to eat, when talking of sweets. Piped doughnut batter dipped in sugar, with a smattering of cinnamon and served with an unctuously indulgent slick of melted dark chocolate, into which you dip the Churros in. This is simplicity at its best! For someone like me, who simply isn't a dessert lover, this bowls me over everytime. No wonder its eaten everywhere from Mexico to Spain!

This morning (and when i say morning, i actually mean noon) i decided to make something that i have long been craving... a Masala omelette. Recipe is simple enough. Large frying pan with a little oil, lightly fry off half a small onion (finely chopped), with one whole green chilli and a fat clove of garlic (both also finely chopped) One golden, add a heaped teaspoon of Garam Masala to the onion mix as well as a heaped teaspoon of curry powder (of your desired strength). Add 3 good quality, medium sized eggs (i use Clarence Court eggs) and whisk in pan til mixed with the spice and onion mixture and allow to cook and set in the pan, turning (or flipping) it over to cook both sides. Once done serve straight onto a soft Tortilla wrap (or Naan bread if you prefer) season with salt, add some mango chutney, chopped coriander and chopped spring onions and wrap it up and eat it. No fuss, no muss... just full on creamy, spicy yumminess! Eggs really hold spice well, so the flavour is subtle and not as spicy or hot as you would think! Just something unique and very enjoyable! Perfect for breakfast, lunch or a lite snack and let me tell you, its asbolutely delicious.

3 comments:

  1. i love your blog, check out mine too if you like he he love masala omelette and masala dosa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo. That Massala omelette recipe has made me hungry. I don't think the picture is doing it justice though. So will have to get Mikayo to make it for brunch this week-end. Meanwhile, suddenly I can't wait for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello to you! Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my Chermoula post at pithandpit(.blogspot.com); I'm glad it was an enjoyable read.

    Your Akoori looks delicious. I must own up to the unholy tendancy I have to eat it on toast with a bit of Major Grey's chutney...

    I was also scanning your Keralan curry, which I'll have to try soon. I'll be posting about a recent foray into curry pastes in my next post. Do keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete